Max. particles: 60mm
Max. concentration: 70%
Sealing arrangement: Double mechanical seal
Materials: High chrome, Hyperchrome, SS304, SS316L, CD4MCu, Duplex 2205 etc
Hydroman™ Hydraulic Submersible Sand Pumps are suitable to be used for pumping sands. Sand is pumped mixed with water up to 70% of solids by weight. The mixture of liquid and particles of sand and gravel is pumped in a procedure often used as a convenient way of handling sand and gravel.
There are many applications for hydraulic sand pumps: sand and gravel extraction, dredging of rivers, harbors and marines maintenance or construction, beach reclamation, filling of Geotubes, among others. Here below you can read about some of the multiple applications of sand pumps.
▪ Hydroman hydraulic motors are all Class H insulated and have a minimum 1.25 service factor.
▪Hydroman hydraulic Sand Pumps are equipped with a unique lip seal system to prevent material from penetrating the seal.
▪ High quality materials ensure long life of all components.
▪ Temperature sensor, embedded in the electric motor, and Moisture sensor, in the oil chamber, are available options to protect the pump in the most demanding application.
▪ Adjustable Hi-Chrome suction side Wear Plate maintains maximum performance for extended periods by a simple adjustment of the gap between the wear plate and the impeller.
▪ Replaceable wear parts: casings, impellers, wear plates all can be replaced independently.
▪ Lube Oil Inspection Ports: a wide angle port outside the pump ensures easy inspection of shaft seal oil levels as well as providing easy access for oil replacement.
▪ The excavating action is created by the Hi-Chrome agitator blades that lift settled sediments which then get sucked into the hydraulic sand pump, creating a continuous flow of concentrated slurry.
Hydroman™ Hydraulic Sand Pumps Applications:
Sand and Gravel Mining
One of the most popular methods of sand and gravel extraction is by dredging the river beds or the seabed. The sand is in great demand because it is used in concrete construction and for hydraulic fracturing (fracking) in oil or gas extraction. Our sand pumps are very successful in this application.
Hydroman can help you to choose the size of hydraulic sand pump that best adapts to your requirements. We have a wide selection of hydraulic sand pumps. We can provide sand pumps alone, packages that could be installed on existing dredges, and complete pumping solutions like remote controlled dredges and cable dredges.
Because of sea currents and sedimentation in upstream effluents, the sea bed of harbors & marinas are frequently raised, making difficult the access of boats and vessels. Hydraulic Sand pumps are a convenient solution for harbor cleaning, along with our remote controlled mini-dredges and cable dredges.
Beach reclamation consist in restoring a beach adding sand to the areas of the beach affected by erosion. Our sand pumps have been extensively used in beach reclamation / beach nourishments projects.
Hydraulic Sand pumps can be combined with Cutterheads or side cutters to increase the efficiency when the sand is too compact.
Hydroman offers a selection of electric and hydraulic sand pumps according to the requirements of each project.
Hydraulic Sand pump for Filling Geotubes
Geotubes, which are made of Geotextiles, are long tubes of permeable fabric. Filled with sand or soil, they are used to prevent coastal erosion caused by the sea, marine storms and high waves, creating a wall near the location to be protected. They are also used for slope stabilization and dewatering applications in construction sites.
Thanks to the high concentration of solids in the pumped mixture achieved when you use a Hydraulic sand pump, the drainage process of the Geotube is faster. The variable rotation speed of the pump allows to easily adjust of the system production in order to guarantee best mixing with an eventual polymer and optimize fill up cycles.