Agitator or Cutter heads: Available
Max. particle: 120mm
Materials: High chrome, Hyperchrome, SS304, SS316L, Duplex SS etc.
Hydroman™ TSQ Heavy Duty Submersible Sand Pumps are specially suitable to be used for pumping sand. Sand is pumped mixed with water up to 70% of solids by weight. The mixture of liquid and particles of sand and gravel is pumped in a procedure often used as a convenient way of handling sand and gravel. Hydroman submersible sand pumps can be used in sand and gravel extraction, dredging of rivers, harbors and marines maintenance or construction, beach reclamation, filling of Geotubes, among others.
▪ Hydroman submersible electric motors are all Class H insulated and have a minimum 1.25 service factor.
▪ Hydroman Submersible Sand Pumps are equipped with a unique lip seal system to prevent material from penetrating the seal.
▪ High quality abrasion resistance materials ensure long life of all components.
▪ Temperature sensor, embedded in the electric motor, and Moisture sensor, in the oil chamber, are available options to protect the submersible pump in the most demanding application.
▪ Adjustable Hi-Chrome suction side Wear Plate maintains maximum performance for extended periods by a simple adjustment of the gap between the wear plate and the impeller.
▪ Replaceable wear parts: casings, impellers, wear plates all can be replaced independently.
▪ Lube Oil Inspection Ports: a wide angle port outside the submersible pump ensures easy inspection of shaft seal oil levels as well as providing easy access for oil replacement.
▪ The excavating action is created by the Hi-Chrome agitator blades that lift settled sediments which then get sucked into the submersible pump, creating a continuous flow of concentrated sand.
Hydroman™ Heavy Duty Submersible Sand Pumps Applications:
▪ Sand and Gravel Mining
One of the most popular methods of sand and gravel extraction is by dredging the river beds or the seabed. The sand is in great demand because it is used in concrete construction and for hydraulic fracturing (fracking) in oil or gas extraction. Hydroman submersible sand pumps are very successful in this application.
▪ Harbor Maintenance
Because of sea currents and sedimentation in upstream effluents, the sea bed of harbors & marinas are frequently raised, making difficult the access of boats and vessels. Hydroman submersible sand pumps are a convenient solution for harbor cleaning, along with our remote controlled mini-dredges and cable dredges.
▪ Beach Reclamation
Beach reclamation consist in restoring a beach adding sand to the areas of the beach affected by erosion. Hydroman submersible sand pumps have been extensively used in beach reclamation / beach nourishments projects. Hydroman submersible sand pumps can be combined with Cutterheads or side cutters to increase the efficiency when the sand is too compact.
▪ Submersible Sand Pump for Filling Geotubes
Geotubes, which are made of Geotextiles, are long tubes of permeable fabric. Filled with sand or soil, they are used to prevent coastal erosion caused by the sea, marine storms and high waves, creating a wall near the location to be protected. They are also used for slope stabilization and dewatering applications in construction sites.