Agitator or Cutter heads: Available
Max. particle: 120mm
Materials: High chrome, Hyperchrome, SS304, SS316L, Duplex SS etc.
Hydroman™ TSQ Submersible Sand Dredging Pumps are suitable to be used for pumping sand. Sand is pumped mixed with water up to 70% of solids by weight. The mixture of liquid and particles of sand and gravel is pumped in a procedure often used as a convenient way of handling sand and gravel. There are many applications for submersible sand pumps: sand and gravel extraction, dredging of rivers, harbors and marines maintenance or construction, beach reclamation, filling of Geotubes, among others. Here below you can read about some of the multiple applications of sand pumps.
▪ MOTOR: Could be electric or hydraulic. The cooling of the electric submersible sand dredging pump is important. If the sand pump works semi-submerged or if it is going to work dry for extended periods of time, it should include a cooling jacket. For Heavy duty electric sand submersible pumps is recommended to have a motor with Class H insulation. They could include also high temperature and /or moisture sensors.
▪ IMPELLER: The impeller is the rotating component of the submersible sand dredging pump. It transfers the centrifugal force to the sand. Usually made of High-chrome spheroidal alloy that is very abrasion resistant. The impeller could be closed, semi-open, open or recessed.
▪ CASING: The casing shape is generally of semi-volute or concentric. It is normally made of cast iron, but depending of the application could come with protective anti-corrosion coating, or could be made in special alloys for abrasive applications.
▪ SHAFT AND BEARING ASSEMBLY: The shaft is used to transmit the rotatory movement from the motor to the impeller. The shaft has Heavy-duty roller bearings that prevent its displacement in other directions and reduce vibration.
▪ SHAFT SLEEVE: Its function is to protect the shaft. The shaft sleeve is made of corrosion and abrasion resistant material.
▪ SEALS PACKAGE: The seals package prevents leakage of slurry into the motor and bearings. The seal package could be composed of lip seals, mechanical seals or hybrid seals.
▪ UPPER AND LOWER WEAR PLATES: These plates are located over and below the impeller. They are subject to wearing. The calibration of their clearances maximizes the efficiency of the submersible sand dredging pump.
▪ STRAINER: the strainer prevents the entry of large particles that could get stuck inside the impeller zone causing damage to the pump.
▪ AGITATOR: Allows the pump to pick up sediments, putting solids on suspension. The way it works, due to the design of the vanes, forces a continuous high pressure flow of liquid towards the sediments, this flow following the shape of a cone; transport the solids to the eye of the impeller achieving a high concentration of solids. The agitator also prevents solids from blocking the holes of the strainer.
Hydroman™ Submersible Sand Dredging Pumps Applications:
▪ Dredging of Rivers and Canals
Hydroman submersible dredge pumps has been successfully used in the dredging of rivers to create or recover navigability, to remove contaminants from the riverbed and to restore the river shorelines.
▪ Dam Dredging
Dam dredging is a crucial operation to keep the capacity of the water reservoirs created by Dams, either for water sup-ply dams or for hydroelectric dams; since sedimentation build –up can affect their capacity and also affect the water quality. Hydroman can be a reliable and flexible partner for dam dredging projects thanks to quick delivery of dredge pumps for sediments removal.
▪ Dredging of Ports and Marinas
Because of sea currents and sedimentation in upstream effluents, the seabed of ports & marinas are frequently raised, making difficult the access of boats and vessels. Hydroman submersible dredge pumps are a convenient solution for harbor dredging along with our remote controlled mini-dredges and cable dredges.
▪ Dredging of Lakes and Ponds
ydroman submersible dredge pumps are used for cleaning lakes and ponds, to remove silt and contaminants from the lakebeds; and for the dredging of tailings ponds in order to restore their capacity. Hydroman submersible dredge pumps can be equipped with accessories like cutter knife for aquatic plants, and water jets ring or cutters for compacted soil.